Who Should Enter
Entry is open to all brands, media owners, agencies, production or design companies, or any other parties involved in digital communications for advertising purposes within the Greater China region.
All entries must relate to achievements ONLY during the period 1 January 2023 – 26 February 2024.
Dates and Deadlines
Early Bird Entry Deadline： Friday, 15 December 2023
Standard Entry Deadline： Friday, 2 February 2024
Final Entry Deadline： Monday, 26 February 2024
Shortlists Announcement: Monday, 8 April 2024
Winners Announcement: Tuesday, 30 April 2024
*All cut-off times for respective deadlines are 6pm Hong Kong/ Beijing Time (UTC/GMT +8:00).
Early Bird Entry Fee: HKD3,600
Standard Entry Fee: HKD4,300
Final Entry Fee: HKD4,800
Entry fees are payable in Hong Kong Dollars (HKD). There are two payment methods to select from:
Credit Card Online / Union Pay
You will be redirected to our secure payment gateway where you are able to select from VISA / MASTER / AMEX. You can also select to pay via Union Pay. For this payment option, a 3.5% bank surcharge is applicable. If you are having trouble with the credit card online system or via Union Pay, please do not attempt to pay again and contact the Organiser at DMAchina@haymarket.asia.
To select this option, you will need to complete your entry submission by confirming to the “Payment Order” page to select payment method as “Bank Transfer”.
Direct online banking: you can transfer via your own personal online banking system or arrange the transaction at the bank.
Transaction Confirmation: once completed the transfer, please provide the confirmed transaction proof, clearly stating the Entry ID and Order ID numbers and if available the invoice number for such payment is to be emailed to Finance_Events@haymarket.asia cc: DMAchina@haymarket.asia .
Deadline for payment due via bank transfer will be by the next day by noon time (12 pm Hong Kong Time) of the respective entry deadline. For bank transfer option, you will have to bear ALL bank charges related to this transaction. Please do indicate to the bank clearly when making the transfer. Delayed payment might result in entry disqualification.
A system invoice will be generated upon successful payment. Any special request on invoicing matter, please provide your ENTRY ID and/or PAYMENT ORDER ID to DMAchina@haymarket.asia and cc Finance_Events@haymarket.asia
- Online entry form: all details are required to be filled in accurately.
- Written Submission: All written submission must be no more than two single-sided pages of A4 paper typed in either English or Simplified Chinese, no less than 11-point type size, single spaced.
- Credits: All credits required on the online submission form must be filled in correctly and cannot be changed once submitted. Any request will be subject to review and prior approval by the Organiser. Should any changes be approved, a fee of HKD1,000 will be charged for each change.
- Duplication of Entries: For any entry which is a duplicate or incorrect submission, you are required to inform the Awards Team immediately for assistance. Entry fee will be charged for an incorrect submission and error on the entrant's part. Recreating the entry as new is not allowed.
- Must Not Include:To protect the integrity of the judging, entries submitted by the agencies only in all media and industry excellence categories should not include the agency name in the written submission and any supporting materials, videos (including letterheads, visible watermarks, platform account name), creative samples, and URLs.
- Confidential: The Organiser reserves the right to publish details of the entries in any related publications and materials. However, if there is certain information that must be kept confidential, please indicate it clearly as “Not for Publication” or “Confidential” by highlighting the information in yellow.
- All written entry submission papers should base on all the criteria set and information required in the entry template provided.
- Images: Three (3) images in high resolution (300 dpi) are to be uploaded on the online entry form. These will be used to showcase your entry.
- Executive Summary: A summary of 100-150 words to be submitted via the online entry form. This summary will be used to publish and therefore should highlight the campaign and why it should win.
- Endorsement: All entries must be endorsed. Without endorsement, the entry may not proceed to judging. The endorsement is sent by an auto-generated email from the system.
Terms and Conditions
Please ensure that each entry complies with the following guidelines. Failure to follow the guidelines may result in your entry being disqualified at an early stage in the judging process.
- AWARD TYPE: For all industry excellence, media, and digital media owners' categories, a Gold, Silver, or Bronze may be awarded. For People, Company, and Special Awards (Platinum and Agency of the Year), we will be awarding one GOLD WINNER only. It will be subject to the judges' unanimous decision on what type of awards are to be given in the respective categories. In cases where there are 3 or fewer entries in the category, the judges will unanimously decide whether there should be a shortlist and/or whether an entry is awarded a Gold, Silver, or Bronze in the final round of judging. This may also result in awards given in the same type or no award.
- CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS: If an Entrant wishes to withdraw an Entry, the entrant must notify the Organiser by email to DMAchina@haymarket.asia . Any refund if approved will require paying a processing fee of HKD1,000 and will deduct from its entry fee before any refund to be processed.
- COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE: If there is a complaint about any Award-winning or shortlisted Entry, the Organiser may at our absolute discretion, choose to investigate the complaint. If we choose to investigate a complaint, the Entrant must cooperate fully with us in relation to that investigation, including by providing us with any information requested. If we uphold a complaint and find that the winning or shortlisting of any Entry was unfair or incorrect, we may withdraw or disqualify the relevant Entry or Award, as applicable.
- CONFIDENTIALITY: Your Entry and any supporting documentation will not be considered confidential information unless clearly identified as “Confidential”. If there is certain information in the written entry paper or supporting documents that must be kept confidential, please indicate this clearly by highlighting the specific parts in yellow and mark the check box on the online form. Please do not simply mark the entire entry “Confidential” as judges might deduct marks from the scores. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Confidential Information does not include information that is public-facing or generally known to the public at the time of disclosure or becomes generally known through no wrongful act on the part of the Haymarket. The Organiser reserves the right to publish details of the entries in any related publications and materials. Entrant understands and agrees that Haymarket may be required to disclose Confidential Information included in the Entry to comply with applicable laws or governmental regulations or a valid order issued by a court or government agency of competent jurisdiction.
- CREDITS: All details under the credits section must be accurate and consistent on the online entry form and the core written papers. You will be required to provide the above information in BOTH English and Chinese.
- DEADLINE: Entrants must submit their entries according to the respective entry deadlines, including completed payment, to allow sufficient time to process and resolve any issues before the entries are pushed forward for preliminary judging. Any delay might result in disqualification.
- DISPUTES: The Organiser reserves the right to withdraw any entry that breaches these terms. In the event of a complaint against any winning or shortlisted entry, the Organiser will conduct a full investigation into each case and will request detailed documentation from all parties concerned, including the complainant, the entrants, and/or the client. The entrant will be solely responsible for clarifying the case and if any initiatives/work involved the agency's client, then confirmation on approval from the brand's representative is also required. The Organiser will have no hesitation in withdrawing an award in cases where the complaint is upheld.
- DUPLICATE ENTRY: A duplicate entry cannot be withdrawn or cancelled, and the entrant will be liable for the entry fee. The entry fee is non-refundable. Any entry fees due but unpaid at the time of withdrawal are immediately due and payable. The entrant may request to replace the duplicate entry with a new category or move the duplicate entry to a new category with the Organiser's approval, provided that the entry fee paid will not be refunded in respect of any fee difference between the entry fee payable for the original category or the new category. The entrant is required to pay any additional amount in respect of any fee difference between the entry fee payable for the original category and the new category.
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible, all entries must comply with the terms and conditions, including requirements set forth in the Entry Kit and Entry Requirements. All entries must relate to achievements ONLY during the eligibility period. Written entries that do not focus on the eligibility period but include achievements outside the review period will be disqualified. Entries must be truthful and factual where applicable. Entries must be original and owned, and no additional permission or approvals from a third party should be required for use of the entry materials as stated herein and on the Awards Entry Page. We reserve the right to reject any entry/ies and/or rescind any Award that fails to comply with stated requirements, entrant remains responsible for any entry fees. No refunds will be issued because of the rescission.
- ENDORSEMENT:Industry Excellence & Media categories must be endorsed by the most senior brand representative of the campaign, authorising the entry and data to be true and accurate. Digital Media Owners, People & Company categories must be endorsed by a senior management member from your agency/company and cannot be endorsed by the same person who submitted the entry. In the case of people categories, the nominee cannot endorse their own submission. In the event the nominee is the most senior management member/brand's representative, then this will require the second most senior representative to endorse the entry.
- ENTRY CHANGES: All credits or any details related to the entry submission, summary, or supporting material submitted via the online entry form are not allowed to change including images or video submission. Any change request will be subject to review and prior approval by the Organiser. Should any changes be approved, a fee of HKD1,000 will be charged.
- ENTRY SUBMISSION: For each entry, you must provide separate documentation, supporting materials, and an entry fee. There is no limit on the number of entry submissions, and you can enter multiple categories with the same entry. However, you should tailor your entry relevant to that specific category even when the criteria appear to be the same to avoid being penalized during judging. The written submission must address and answer the criteria for the chosen category as stated on the entry template. Judges may at their discretion reassign, provide a low score, or disqualify the affected entry if it does not answer the category or replicates the same across multiple categories. Any duplication or disputes might result in disqualification. The entrant and their company are solely responsible for providing clarification. For multi agencies entering the same category, all agencies and clients must agree on a joint entry. Any duplication or disputes might result in disqualification. The Entrant agency is solely responsible for providing clarification.
- ENTRY FEE: Once the entry has been submitted via the entry platform, entry fees are chargeable, and you will be liable to pay for the entries, even if you have not proceeded to the payment page or in the event of disqualification, entry withdrawal, duplicate submissions, or non-endorsement by management. Entries submitted are non-returnable. Entries unpaid by the respective deadlines (Early Bird Deadline by 15 December 2023, Standard Entry Deadline by 2 February 2024, and Final Entry Deadline by 26 February 2024) may be disqualified. Haymarket Media Ltd will retain the right to claim for unpaid entry fees and reserves the right to disqualify any unpaid entries and seek legal action to claim for any unpaid entry fees.
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: Please do not provide any sensitive or confidential information in your Executive Summary which will be published should your entry win and will be visible to the judges during the judging stage. The summary should be strictly about your entry and why you should win during the eligibility period. DO NOT provide irrelevant information or company credentials for promotional or marketing purposes. Should any changes be required, a fee of HKD1,000 will be applied and subject to Organiser's approval.
- FORMAT: Formats and file sizes of the entry submission paper, images, and supporting materials must be strictly adhered to. The entrant is responsible for ensuring all formats are followed strictly as per the guidelines. Failing to do so might result in the entry being scored low by the judges and may result in disqualification.
- JOINT COLLABORATION: Where multiple agencies/suppliers have worked on the same campaign/event, it must be agreed in advance between all parties involved as to who will make the entry. All parties who have contributed to the same campaign/event should be credited. All credits will be used to publish and appear on the winning trophy. If the same entry is submitted by two different entrant companies, or multiple agencies and brand companies have entered the same work, the submission may be treated as a joint entry at the Organiser's discretion. Any duplicated entry, the entry fee will be forfeited.
- JUDGING: Entry Kit or templates may provide judging criteria for the awards. The judges determine if an entry is worthy of being shortlisted or winning an award. All consideration of entries is based solely on the merits of the information provided in your entry. The judges' decisions are final and neither the Organiser nor the judging panel will enter any correspondence about them. The judges have the right to re-distribute the entries into other relevant categories or not award the category if they feel the entries are not suitable for the category entered. Changes to the category will be made solely at the discretion of the judges, and their decision is final. We reserve the right to make or not to make any particular award in any given category.
- LANGUAGE: Entry submission includes but is not limited to the online entry form, written submission paper can be either in English or simplified Chinese.
- LIABILITY: Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Haymarket from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and damages arising out of or resulting from entrant's breach of any representation or warranty contained in the Terms and Conditions. You shall not exclude or limit your liability under these terms and conditions, including for loss of goodwill and reputation. We shall not (whether in contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty, or otherwise) be liable to You under these Terms and Conditions for consequential, indirect, or special damages (including indirect loss of profit and indirect loss of revenue). Subject to the clauses above, our maximum aggregate liability to you under these Terms and Conditions (whether arising in contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty, or otherwise) shall not exceed the Entry fees You paid to us for the related Award submission.
- LICENSE: By submitting the Entry, the Entrant hereby grants to Haymarket, a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, right, and revocable license, to use, reproduce, publish, distribute, display, modify (for formatting purposes), non-confidential portions of the Entry (such as campaign images or videos) in any media in connection with the Awards for educational, promotional, and publicity purposes (“License”). Each Entrant represents and warrants that it owns or has secured the necessary permissions or approvals from a third party(ies) to provide the License for Haymarket use as described hereinabove.
- MODIFICATION REQUEST: Any changes after the submission of the entry will be subject to review and prior approval by the Organiser. Should any changes be approved, a fee of HKD1,000 will be charged for each change. Not all requests will be accommodated.
- PAYMENT: All payments for submissions must be made at the point of submission confirmation. Once you confirmed to SUBMIT ENTRY, your entry will be processed and from this point forward the entrant will be liable for all entry fees including any duplication of entry. No cancellation or withdrawal of entries will be accepted, and in case you have made a mistake, please contact the Organiser immediately for assistance.
- PUBLISH: The Organiser reserves the right to publish all entries, wholly or in part, as case studies or for publicity purposes. Please indicate by highlighting any sensitive or confidential information specifically.
- QUERIES: Judges reserve the right to raise queries regarding the information provided and penalize any entry if there is evidence of inaccurate and misleading claims which will lead to entry disqualification.
- RULES: The Organiser reserves the right to withdraw any entry which breaches any of the Awards Organiser's rules. In the event of a complaint against any winning or shortlisted entry, the Organiser will investigate each case and will request detailed documentation from all parties concerned, including the complainant, the entrants, and the client. If the complaint is upheld, entries and, if applicable, awards will be withdrawn accordingly.
- TEMPLATE: All written entry submission papers should be submitted using the entry template provided. You may remove the DMA logo and format or design your entry but must include all required information, based on all sections. You must indicate clearly, as per each section title, which judges will score your entry based on such.
- TROPHY CREDITS: Credits will be based on information provided on the online entry form under the “Credits Section”. Any request for trophy credit changes before the event is completed is not allowed. Final approval must be confirmed by the Organiser, who will charge a fee.